Market Scope covers the field of ophthalmology, helping drug companies, device makers, and eye surgeons understand global trends. We are the leading source for market data, independent perspective, and objective analysis. Market Scope offers a casual work environment, company matching retirement plan, health care plans/stipend, profit sharing plan, and competitive salary.
We are looking for someone with excellent analytical skills who can help us interpret data for clients. A background in Finance, Economics, or Statistics is preferred. We have an established list of materials we publish and custom service, and the analyst will work as part of a team of writers, editors, experts, and other analysts. We hope to find someone who can grow with the business, expand into new medical verticals, and bring creative thinking to help expand our products and take the company to another level.
• Analyzing and reporting on ophthalmology market data requires an investment of time in learning the topic and all the related areas such as eye anatomy, disease processes and prevalence, regulation, business strategy, and specific knowledge of key stakeholders, etc. We are looking for someone interested in making that investment to become a known expert in this field to be comfortable communicating our findings to our clients.
• The job also requires extensive work on building and maintaining report models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques. The analyst should be comfortable working with existing models while also proactively developing ways for them to work more efficiently.
• It includes heavy formatting, validating, and understanding of tables and charts using the Microsoft Office suite.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Three to five years of experience in data analysis; experience in business and/or health care industry preferred
• Excellent database management skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with formatting tables and charts using the Microsoft Office suite. Advanced Excel skills are required.
• Attention to detail is critical. Providing accurate data is our business and reputation, and it is critical that the final product represents this.
• Critical thinking skills. Ability to interpret meaningful trends and outcomes from large data sets and effectively communicate results with team members.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to ask clear questions of experts and derive meaningful results.
If you are interested in the position, please send your resume, three work samples, and your salary requirements to: email@example.com. A modeling test is required. No phone calls, please.