2017 IOL Report: A Global Market Analysis for 2016 to 2022
Our report on the IOL market is now in its 17th edition. It is the leading industry source for accurate and relevant information on all aspects of the intraocular lens (IOL) market. We provide data and five-year forecasts for cataracts and cataract surgeries worldwide. We discuss currently marketed IOLs and analyze demand in units, dollars and market share. We explore new IOL technologies in the development pipeline. We cover patient-based economics and reimbursement, and we explore strategies for success in the marketplace. Worldwide markets are analyzed using eight regional/economic categories: the US, Western Europe, Japan, Other Wealthy Nations, China, India, Latin America, and Rest of World.
The report includes market data for 2016, and we forecast market performance through 2022. Market Scope’s 2017 IOL Report: A Global Market Analysis for 2016 to 2022 provides in-depth coverage of commercialized and investigational intraocular lenses used in treating cataracts. Some of these IOLs are increasingly used in treating presbyopia and certain refractive errors, as well.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Our report is organized into key areas and includes:
• Overview of Incidence and Causes of Cataracts Globally
• Treatment Methods Used for Cataracts Worldwide
• Demographics of Aging
• Presbyopia, Presbyopic Populations, and RLE
• Cataract Care: Surgeons, ASCs, and Hospitals
• IOLs in Use Today—Premium Models, Enhanced Monofocal Models, and Commodity Monofocal Models
• Investigational IOLs and their Design Approaches
• Detailed IOL Market Analysis and Forecasts for the Next Five Years
• IOL Injector Technologies
• 64 Company Profiles
• 84 Color Tables and 124 Color Figures
VIEW THE TABLE OF CONTENTS OF THIS REPORT
The data included in our reports is based on quarterly surveys of ophthalmic surgeons, interviews with company executives and analysis of company financial data, Market Scope’s proprietary database of cataract surgeons and surgery centers, and global population and demographic data.
This edition of our 2017 IOL Report: A Global Market Analysis for 2016 to 2022 was released in May 2017. The report is printed in color and spiral bound for easy reading. Two licensing types are available for this report. The price of the report is $7,300 for a SINGLE USER LICENSE (an electronic PDF copy and/or an additional paper copy is available for use within your company for an additional $500 and $300, respectively). The price of the ENTERPRISE LICENSE is $10,950 (includes a printable PDF and supplemental Excel file with all the tables and figures in the report).
Market Scope’s industry reports are meticulously prepared by a dedicated team of in-house consultants/analysts with over 100 years of collective ophthalmic experience and each data point is driven by a combination of sources, including the following:
• Our proprietary global disease population and demographic models
• Twenty years and counting of ophthalmologist survey data
• Analysis of company published financial reports
• Focused coverage of ophthalmic scientific research, business news and other activities
• Attendance and participation in major, worldwide ophthalmic meetings
• Interviews and long-standing relationships with company executives and practicing ophthalmologists
*Note: The PDFs are not downloadable: PDF copies of reports are manually prepared and emailed to the account listed on the order within 24 hours. Please call our office for immediate assistance or to discuss purchasing additional copies of a report at (314) 835-0600.