2017 Ophthalmic Surgical Instruments Report: A Global Market Analysis for 2016 to 2022
Our report on the surgical instruments marketplace is in its eighth edition. It is a leading industry source for accurate and relevant information on all aspects of the market for ophthalmic surgical instruments. We offer an overview of ophthalmic surgeries and surgery volume worldwide, as well as an in-depth look at providers of cataract surgery, the most commonly performed ophthalmic surgery. We discuss reusable and disposable categories of surgical instruments, knives, and hemostatic devices, and we analyze the markets for these instruments worldwide. We also examine factors contributing to growth in demand for disposables.
What's New? We expect the ophthalmic surgical instrument market to grow from $1.2 billion in 2017 to $1.6 billion in 2022, driven by 4 percent yearly growth in global ophthalmic surgeries. Increasing preference for single use instruments and knives has led these devices to account for nearly two-thirds of global market revenues. While surgical instruments are used in all types of ophthalmic surgery, cataract and retinal surgery account for nearly 80 percent of revenues.
In our comprehensive reports, we analyze worldwide markets using the following geographic/economic categories: the US, Western Europe, Japan, Other Wealthy Nations, China, India, Latin America, and Rest of World. This report includes market data for 2016, and we forecast market performance through 2022.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Market Segments Included in This Report:
Reusable Surgical Instruments, Disposable Instruments, Reusable Knives, Disposable and Limited Reuse Knives, and Hemostatic Devices
Each Market Segment Includes:
An Analysis of Market Competitors, Installed Base, and Five‐Year Forecasts for Market Performance
Also Included in This Report:
• Market Drivers
• Strategies for Surgical Instrument Suppliers
• Overview of Cataract Surgery, Corneal/Refractive Surgery, Retinal Surgery, Glaucoma Surgery, Oculoplasty, and Other Ophthalmic Surgeries
• US ASCs and Cataract Surgery Providers Worldwide
• Review of Global Glaucoma and Treatment Methods
• Review of Global Cataracts and Treatment Methods
• Global Overview of Ophthalmologists
• 36 Company Proﬁles
• 35 Color Tables and 52 Color Figures
This edition of our 2017 Ophthalmic Surgical Instruments Report: A Global Market Analysis for 2016 to 2022 was released in January 2017. The report is printed in color and spiral bound for easy reading. Two licensing types are available for this report. The price of the report is $4,000 for a SINGLE USER LICENSE (an electronic PDF copy and/or an additional paper copy is available for use within your company for an additional $500 and $300, respectively). The price of the ENTERPRISE LICENSE is $ 6,000 (includes a printable PDF and supplemental Excel file with all the tables and figures in the report).
VIEW THE TABLE OF CONTENTS FOR THIS REPORT
*Note: The PDFs are not downloadable: PDF copies of reports are manually prepared and emailed to the account listed on the order within 24 hours. Please call our office for immediate assistance or to discuss purchasing additional copies of a report at (314) 835-0600.
Market Scope’s industry reports are meticulously prepared by a dedicated team of in-house consultants/analysts with over 100 years of collective ophthalmic experience and each data point is driven by a combination of sources, including the following:
• Our proprietary global disease population and demographic models
• Twenty years and counting of ophthalmologist survey data
• Analysis of company published financial reports
• Focused coverage of ophthalmic scientific research, business news and other activities
• Attendance and participation in major, worldwide ophthalmic meetings
• Interviews and long-standing relationships with company executives and practicing ophthalmologists